Blogger Templates

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Blueberry Colour Pop

Hey lovelies,

How are you all enjoying spring so far? Looking forward to summer? :) I love springtime as a season second to autumn, not just for the warmer weather, but because it's an excuse to give my beauty cabinet a good old spring clean! (Pun intended)

Now when it comes to nail polishes, I'm usually a fan of darker, more gothic hues. There's something about black, purple metallic and statement red shades that I just love! I think it's because pale skin pairs so well with deeper colours. But last week while shopping for make-up, I threw my usual nail polish rules out the window and bought this fresh sky blue bottle on impulse. 

I've never tried out any Models Own beauty products before, so I'm always a little bit skeptical as to the quality I'm going to get with some high street brands. But after manicuring my nails with this gorgeous 'Blueberry Muffin' shade, I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be buying more of these nail polishes in the future!

You have to apply at least 2 coats in order to get that bold pop of colour, but the product itself doesn't streak or leave a 'lumpy' texture unlike certain other nail products, so that's always a bonus. The only thing that did confuse me was the fact this polish is supposed to be scented. Unfortunately, I think this is more of a marketing gimmick than an actual blueberry-scented nail polish.

Has anybody else tried nail polishes from the new Models Own #fruitpastel collection - what are your thoughts?

Here are a couple of images for today's spring inspired nails...



Brand: Models Own - Shade: Blueberry Muffin - Candle: Souvenir from a previous fashion event 
Cool comic effect created by moi ;)
The full 'scented' collection - next on my list is Banana Split!




Gotta include Lita Ford's 'Blueberry' as it's one of my fave glam rock classics! \m/


Note: First 2 images taken by Myself (Dawn)


No comments :

Post a Comment

All of your comments are much appreciated - thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...